[Gllug] Saturday: anyone fancy installing Linux on an ibook?

Matthew King matthew.king at seamlessrecruitment.com
Fri Mar 26 13:15:03 UTC 2004

NorthLondon John wrote:
> Won't be at the Gllug meet, and haven't installed linux on an ibook
> before, but I can answer your last question.
> No, unfortunately, you have to reformat your entire hd, OSX can't be
> preserved, HFS+ partitions can't be resized.

Surely you can use some network and/or 2nd HDD magic to preserve the
data during format or does HFS have some dodgy stuff in it (I wouldn't
be a bit surprised but I can't think what sort of stuff) which won't
allom this?

And is that "HFS+ partitions can't be resized" or "HFS+ partitions can't
be resized at the moment"?

Matthew

--
o? K++ w--- O-- M V? PS+>+++ PE-- Y+>++ PGP++@ t+ 5- X- R tv b+++>++++