[Gllug] re: HTML Mail

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Mar 3 10:15:05 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, t.clarke wrote:

> People like me (admittedly probably rare) who receive their mail on dumb
> 'green screens' find that HTML mail is almost unreadable - the text being
> obscured by zillions of tags.  For us, the extra kilobytes of junk may not
> be a major problem; although if everyone sent us HTML mail we would need to
> increase the bandwidth of our internet connection to at least double !

For mutt users:

Stick this in your .mailcap:
text/html; lynx -force_html -dump %s; copiousoutput

And this into your .muttrc:
auto_view text/html

Works a charm and I stopped moaning about HTML emails soon after doing
it.  I now don't get HTML emails, just nicely converted text.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Illegal arrivals by sea have always been a problem
in Australia.  Ask any Aborigine.
- corruption of a Robert Orben quote
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk