[Gllug] Urgent Help re USB please

Sharon Kimble sharon63 at lineone.net
Fri Mar 5 20:10:55 UTC 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:25:45 +0000
Richard Turner <richard at zygous.co.uk> wrote:

> No, that's not necessary.  I've found making this work is a bit of a
> black art - sometimes it fails the first time and subsequently works
> quite often (for me).
>
> One thing that I have found to work is using dlpsh first, although
> that's not a very satisfactory solution I know.  Install and run dlpsh
> (USB1 should be right - my Clie connects to USB0 and USB1 too, but
> HotSynching uses USB1):
>
> $ dlpsh -d /dev/usb/ttyUSB1
>
> Hit HotSync when it says to and you should enter a shell that'll allow
> you to communicate with the Palm.  Of course, you don't want to do
> anything like set the time, so now exit dlpsh and try HotSynching with
> KPilot.
>
> This Works For Me (TM) and I've not bothered to find out why.  Usually
> Kpilot will sync for me the second time I try anyway.

Thanks Richard, it didn't work. dlpsh is already installed so I just
used the -p option [as the -d option was invalid] and was greeted with
this;-
----------------------------------
dlpsh -p /dev/usb/ttyUSB1

   ERROR: No such device (19)

   Press the HotSync button first and relaunch this conduit..

   Unable to bind to port: /dev/usb/ttyUSB1
   Please use --help for more information

After wasting nearly all day on this, I've had enough. I'm going to
watch Black Adder.

Thanks everybody for your help
Sharon.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk