[Gllug] Urgent Help re USB please

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 18:25:45 UTC 2004

> Would installing another usb card help? Or would it just confuse things
> even further?

No, that's not necessary.  I've found making this work is a bit of a black art
- sometimes it fails the first time and subsequently works quite often (for
me).

One thing that I have found to work is using dlpsh first, although that's not
a very satisfactory solution I know.  Install and run dlpsh (USB1 should be
right - my Clie connects to USB0 and USB1 too, but HotSynching uses USB1):

$ dlpsh -d /dev/usb/ttyUSB1

Hit HotSync when it says to and you should enter a shell that'll allow you to
communicate with the Palm.  Of course, you don't want to do anything like set
the time, so now exit dlpsh and try HotSynching with KPilot.

This Works For Me (TM) and I've not bothered to find out why.  Usually Kpilot
will sync for me the second time I try anyway.

Good luck! :o)

Richard.

--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."
FB53 8184 E61F 3604 FBF3 4CCB EF07 2942 30F2 739E