[Gllug] Debian hopeless

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Mon Mar 8 06:59:59 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 22:00, Garry Heaton wrote:
> I'd heard Debian has problems with recent hardware

Err, no, it doesn't.

> years old so I didn't think it would be a problem. How wrong I was. The
> machine has a bog-standard D-Link DF530/VIA-rhine ethernet card, which has
> been around for at least 4 years, but Debian couldn't load a module for it.

Then I suspect user error.  Linux, and therefore Debian, has supported
that chipset for years.

Rather than having a rant, why not describe the problems you're having
and what you've tried to do to resolve them?

With that information, the many debian users on this list might be able
to help you.

Regards
--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd