[Gllug] Poor disk performance - help

Ashley Evans k0210244 at kingston.ac.uk
Sun Mar 21 22:52:21 UTC 2004

First you could try checking if DMA is enabled, hdparm -d /dev/hda

-d 1 will try to enable it.

Most kernels come with the "use dma by default" turned on so if dma isn't
enabled you may find the kernel you're using doesn't support the chipset of
your motherboard fully. Look up the chipset on google and you're sure to find
out.

Ashley

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk