[Gllug] Saturday: anyone fancy installing Linux on an ibook?

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Fri Mar 26 18:05:30 UTC 2004

Actually my ibook was cheaper than anything I could have got
as a PC equivalent if you compare size/weight. Even the 17inch
Emac is an ideal first time computer at £550. I think
people should be buying these instead of windows boxes.

Tushar

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 09:33:50AM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 04:30:36AM +0000, Tushar wrote:
> >
> > But why? Mac OS X is so nice on an ibook! With mozilla,
> > ichat, itunes, vlc and all your other cool linuxy type
> > programs. I'm not too keen on gcc 3 on it though.
>
> But I thought Mac users were supposed to "Think Different" and
> installing a different OS surely qualifies.  Or was that just an empty
> marketing slogan designed to make people feel that their expensive
> consumer decision somehow made them superior?  Surely not!
>
> --
> Bruce
>
> If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
> simple to understand it.

> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8896 2600     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk