[Gllug] Saturday: anyone fancy installing Linux on an ibook?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Mar 26 18:50:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 06:05:30PM +0000, Tushar Joshi wrote:

> Actually my ibook was cheaper than anything I could have got
> as a PC equivalent if you compare size/weight. Even the 17inch
> Emac is an ideal first time computer at £550. I think
> people should be buying these instead of windows boxes.

I'm writing this on an iBook, over an ssh link to my Linux server.
They're pretty cool machines - quite robust, nice and fast, and with
an all-important shell prompt.  This machine has *never* crashed,
which is quite an achievement since I generally keep it "on" for a
month or more at a time, hibernating it between uses.

Rich.

http://www.winwinsales.co.uk/ - CRM improvement consultancy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk