[Gllug] Saturday: anyone fancy installing Linux on an ibook?

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Fri Mar 26 04:30:36 UTC 2004

But why? Mac OS X is so nice on an ibook! With mozilla,
ichat, itunes, vlc and all your other cool linuxy type
programs. I'm not too keen on gcc 3 on it though.

Tushar

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 08:51:18PM +0000, Sunny Chan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just bought myself an iBook - I have always been using PC all my life
> so I thought it would be a change - and of course one of the thing I
> want to do is to put Linux on it!
>
> So would anyone that have some experience with Linux on Mac be there on
> saturday meeting? Would you like to help me with installing linux on
> the mac? So far from what I read on google it seems to me that I would
> have to format and repartition my ibook - is that the case? or there is
> a way of preserving the Mac OSX partition?
>
> Thanks
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8896 2600     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk