[Gllug] Linux on a box with mixed discs

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Fri May 14 08:51:42 UTC 2004

Hi Chris,

On Friday, May 14, 2004, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I find that booting hangs because the system tries to fsck.ext2 check the
> filesystem on the SCSI drive before the SCSI bus has been scanned for
> devices, so the drive is not seen.

It will only do this if you've not either included SCSI support in the
kernel statically, or not told it to load the SCSI modules at boot
time.

A quick workaround would be to edit /etc/fstab and comment out the
SCSI disk(s).  Boot the system and recompile the kernel to statically
include appropriate SCSI support.  Uncomment the entries in /etc/fstab
and reboot. That should fix it.

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd.
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/