[Gllug] Linux on a box with mixed discs

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Fri May 14 09:15:45 UTC 2004

"Martin A. Brooks" writes:

>A quick workaround would be to edit /etc/fstab and comment out the
>SCSI disk(s).  Boot the system and recompile the kernel to statically
>include appropriate SCSI support.  Uncomment the entries in /etc/fstab
>and reboot. That should fix it.

I don't know why people are so intent on building static support for SCSI
into the kernel[1]. That's what initrd is for...

Tet

[1] But then I conceed that I may swap around my SCSI controllers more
    than most, and hence don't want to have to recompile my kernel each
    time. But still, modular SCSI gives you some nice flexibility anyway.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk