Debian Niches was [Gllug] Traceroute query

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Mon May 31 10:05:16 UTC 2004

Hi Dean,

On Monday, May 31, 2004, Dean wrote:

> Before i get flamed i know it can be made to run on those machines,
> however some environments require the support options to be present.

As I understand it, the support requires you to be only running Redhat
RPMs and Redhat kernels.

Redhat only officially produce about 1500 packages, hence most people
end up either using RPMs from 3rd parties or compiling their own
stuff.  Does using, for example, your own version of apache invalidate
your support contract?

Redhat kernels are relatively untested* with stuff backported from 2.6
- on a production box? no thanks.

(*  compared to vanilla kernel releases)

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd.
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk