[Gllug] Odeon website

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Fri May 21 09:03:38 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 09:54:08AM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, John Hearns wrote:
>
> > I read on the Sohonet webpages that the NFT are acting as a testbed for
> > a British digital cinema initiative. Cool.
> > Do any of our Soho correspondents know more?
>
> I went to a digital cinema demonstration there a year or so ago.  Was
> most impressive!  I believe they're now projecting all they can
> digitally.

I'm not so sure about that - AFAIK (based on info in the monthly
mailings) they've done a few demo/test screeenings with great
success, but nothing regular. I doubt more than a fraction of
their screenings are/will be digital since most films are not
new releases, but older classics which are unlikely to ever be
digitised.