[Gllug] TCP acceleration over high latency sat links

Julian Somers lists at bigpip.com
Tue Nov 23 16:29:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:04:01PM -0000, Andy McGarty wrote:
> We ended up using http://www.mentat.com/skyx/skyx-gateway.html for a pipe
> to Sierra Leone.

Mentat is an ideal solution, but too expensive: we will be running many
remote machines, and can't include a separate skyx box with each one.
Mentat would charge a (very) big OEM license for us to implement their
code on our boxes, and a license for each box on top of that. (Though
the more I dig myself into this thing, the cheaper Mentat looks.)

Julian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk