[Gllug] NTFS resize

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Tue Nov 23 17:40:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 16:52 +0000, adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:42:02PM +0000, Dan Kolb wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:16:13PM +0000, adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:
> > >
> > > I did this a few months back on my Dell Precision M60 laptop
> > > (boast,boast,boast!) :)
> >
> > You're boasting about having a Dell laptop? Oh dear :)
>
> I know I know, only to outboast John though ;) I couldn't afford an
> IBM T or X series at the time :( (and I still can't afford one now, I
> did take a look at Apple laptops at the same time, but the wireless not
> working in Linux was a problem imho in case I really hated Mac OS X and
> all the things in the sub 1000 quid price range didn't look like very
> good value)

Well you can still go for R series if you don't mind carrying around a
kilo more weight. I buy ThinkPads only (with some brief Latitude
experience in my laptop beginnings, that I don't bring up much), and so
does company I work for, coincidentally. T21, T23, the latter these days
in 350-400 range (have one as backup machine), my R40 around 1k in March
(not a terribly good deal price-wise, the machine is v-good), another
R40e around (fan problems only after 2 years, the first TP I see being
serviced.. some I worked with were 6+ years old), new R50 for my
colleague. Very similar to the configuration you describe for some 700
odd, plus 60 for another memory chip.

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk