[Gllug] <segmentation fault, sdl parachute deployed.>

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 11:19:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004, Gary Pownall stated:
> Hi guys, can anyone help with this?
>
> <segmentation fault, sdl parachute deployed.>
>
> I compiled and ran a game called briquolo (3d breakout clone) it
> worked really well for a couple of seesions but then it just died and
> everytime I try to fire it up I get the above error message... I've
> searched and searched on the web but found little to go on... any
> ideas?

It seems that briquolo is buggy and is segfaulting (it's probably
accessing memory it hasn't allocated).

To diagnose it, compile it with debugging on, run it under gdb, and when
it crashes, do a `bt'. Send that to the briquolo authors with an
explanation.

(But since it is hooking segfaults, you might want to run it under
valgrind via something like

valgrind --tool memcheck --db-attach=yes {command line}

and see if that works out where the crash is happening.)

Naturally, it will be far easier to debug if you can convince it not to
run in full-screen mode :)

--
`Preliminary analysis reveal there are few impact craters on Titan. This
 suggests Cassini has an active surface constantly being resurfaced.'
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk