[Gllug] Recommendations for a change request management system

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Mon Aug 29 18:35:30 UTC 2005

John Winters wrote:
> Nothing frightfully complex, but ideally Open Source (because then I can
> shove it on my own Linux box at school instead of waiting for IT
> services to do a feasibility study which will take 18 months) and
> ideally available as a Debian package to make life even easier.

There is a plethora of ticket tracking systems, most of which probably
do what you want, but the one I have found users get on with most easily
so far is Trac.  The linking between tickets and wiki is amazingly useful.

It's in debian, and they provide their own packages too if you want the
latest and greatest:

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracOnDebian

Cheers,

Doug.

--
http://adju.st/
Cricket is not the new football. It is the new cricket, which is a
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk