[Gllug] Re: Upgrading from RH 9

David Abbishaw David at Abbishaw.com
Wed Aug 31 10:04:40 UTC 2005

>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:58:01 +0100
>From: Mick Farmer <mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk>
>Subject: [Gllug] Upgrading from RH 9
>To: GLLUG <gllug at gllug.org.uk>
>
>Dear GLLUGers,
>
>I'm considering the upgrade from RH 9 to RH Enterprise, but
>have read it isn't an upgrade, it's a new install.
>
>Has anyone had problems with this?  Is it time to ditch RH
>and go for Fedora?

Have you considered centos - its RH AS without the licence costs.
Theres a rather niffry server cd version thats not got X and works very well especially if you like yumming packages down.  Oh and theyve removed the hardware checks so it doesnt need the same minium hardware that Redhat requires so it can run on old p133 with 48mb very well :)

www.centos.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk