[Gllug] connection to wireless network

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Tue Aug 16 13:29:50 UTC 2005

I suppose the first thing to be wary of is this is not strictly legal,
unless your neighbour has said it is OK for you to steal his bandwidth.
Saying that, and this by no means justifies your actions, he/she should
not be stupid enough to leave the connection totally open.

My experience on wireless with Linux is there are no native device
drivers for any PCI wireless cards. I used an access point connected
at the Linux end of the network and put the wireless card into the
WinXP machine I wanted to link to my network. This meant I could avoid
the hassle of trying to use the NDIS wrapper under Linux. This however
would not work for you as you would need your access point as a bridge
and your neighbours route/access point also configured to bridge.

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk