[Gllug] Free 19" Iiyama monitor - "maybe" minor fault

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 18:47:28 UTC 2005

Chris Bell wrote:
> On Thu 11 Aug, Ian Northeast wrote:
>

>>It's quite possible that it's a simple problem with the power switch or
>>a relay. Someone competent in such things may well be able to repair it.
>>

>    It could be a surge control circuit or temperature dependent resistor
> that is faulty.

(plus a number of reasons why you wouldn't want to try to repair it).

A temperature dependent resistor sounds likely, the first three or four
times it started playing again after being left with the power off for a
few hours. But this time it still won't work after 3 days.

I think you're right about the viability of repair and it'll probably
get binned soon, but I thought I might as well try just in case someone
might want it.

I'll try the trick Jack Richards mentioned in the Sparcstation thread.
It's worked before - we had an ancient and huge TV which gave up. We put
it outside, not specifically intending it to be stolen, but because
there wasn't anywhere else to put it. It vanished overnight and saved us
a trip to the tip.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk