[Gllug] FTP downloaded SUSE 9.3 to hdd - won't install over nfs..

James McGuigan james-lists at worldfuturecouncil.org
Mon Aug 8 16:38:51 UTC 2005

M.Blackmore wrote:
> Over the weekend I downloaded suse 9.3 of the ftp.gwdg.de mirror (pretty
> quick, maintained 189 kbps over a 2m adsl. Anyway seemed quick to me
> after years on a 512m basic service...
>
> Unfortunately this won't install over nfs for an upgrade. I don't get
> the yast option "what sort of upgrade" or "repair", and when it grinds
> as far as the analysing systems page the software packages have no
> option available.

Silly question, but could you setup an FTP server on your other machine (pureftp
should do the trick), to share your local copy of ftp.gwdg.de and tell YAST to
download the files from your other computer via FTP rather than via NFS.

--
Rules are written for those who lack the ability to truly reason,
But for those who can, rules become nothing more than guidelines,

Earth Emergency - A Call to Action (www.earthemergency.org)
Sustainable Society Directory (www.sustainable-society.co.uk)
World Future Council Initiative (www.worldfuturecouncil.org)
Open co-op (http://open.coop)