[Gllug] Ibm T20

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 10:48:30 UTC 2005

On 12/18/05, john gennard <joney at clara.co.uk> wrote:

>         Looking at the back, from left to right:-
>
> A very small slot, then what seems to be a PS/2 socket

S-Video - 4-pin mini-DIN connector, 75 ohm termination impedance,
luminance and chrominance on separate signal/ground pairs.

> There's provision for two pcmia cards
> on the side, but I've no idea, other than wireless what
> I can use those for.

If you ever treat yourself to a newer laptop, older ones, with an
extra NIC make ideal firewalls - battery backup, instant terminal,
small :o)

> no fdisk available to let me see the present partitioning.

Not really a problem - boot off a live cd and have a look.
Incidentally for repartitioning a windows system to make room for
linux, I recommend using  SystemRescueCd - a gentoo-based live cd with
all the tools you need - see http://www.sysresccd.org/

> Why something so old? Well, I didn't want to splash
> out for something more up todate as I'm not sure how much
> I shall use the thing.

Out of interest, how much did you pay?  I saw one of the same spec at
*gasp* £250.00 in my local shop.

> Thanks,         John.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk