[Gllug] Advansys SCSI Host Adapter

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Dec 3 16:13:25 UTC 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 01:31:09PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> If your kernel doesn't already come with that module, then yes, you'll
> need to compile yourself a new kernel. I'd be surprised if it doesn't,
> though. It comes as standard with FC4, and I'd be amazed if SUSE and
> Ubuntu didn't also ship it with the default install.

Actually latest Ubuntu on _AMD64_ doesn't come with this driver.  The
comments at the top of the driver may be out of date, but seem to
indicate that the only supported platforms are x86, PPC and alpha.

http://lxr.linux.no/source/drivers/scsi/advansys.c

I was quite surprised, because these Advansys cards used to be very
common and reliable - there must be loads of them still around.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk