[Gllug] Linux box keeps rebooting <-- Solved

Hong Chyr hongchyr at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 09:22:51 UTC 2005

Solved the original problem of reboot looping by installing FC4.
Observed an interesting thing: Loaded FC4 CD1, booted half way and
reported a kernel panic since it can't find the boot image. Stumpled
upon the solution by rebooting and keying in an invalid option at the
boot prompt (eg. instead of linux text, I accidentally typed linuxtext).
That seemed to "trick" the kernel into looking at the right boot image.
Strange. By the way, the machine was using a LiteOn DVD-ROM drive to
boot, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with this problem?

Hong

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk