[Gllug] Temping or contracting.

Moon Watch watchmoon at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:43:09 UTC 2005

I am looking for some short term employment in the IT world.  Can anyone
advise
me on the kinds of agencies (if any) to approach.  It there a market for
short term
systam admin or system programmers.

I have 8 years expereince of Linux, Solaris, AIX, and Digital Unix.  Also
much application
with the types of things that are discussed on this list - web servers,
mail, scripting, etc.
I have been out of the job market for a few months due to personal
circumstances.
I am also considering selling my soul and doing an MCSE or CCNA as many jobs
I see
so many jobs web sites ask for these.  I am sure my experience is far above
the level of
these certifications.

Are their any gotchas or sharks or dangers to watch out for.  I am a bit new
this having always had a permenent job before.  Please feel free to mail me
off list if there is anything you do not want too public.

Any other comments or advise would be most welcome.

TIA

moon

7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk