[Gllug] ADSL problem

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 21:28:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 11:01:14AM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Fri 25 Feb, will wrote:

</snip_great_info>

> http://www.solwise.co.uk

Hi,

Chris - thanks for going into so much detail. I just want to run this by
you before I buy an ADSL Faceplate Splitter from Solwise. I have a
cheapo BT answerphone that, since I got ADSL, does not work correctly.
The problem is that if the caller leaves a message, their voice is
overlayed with a high pitch noise (a bit like feedback over a speaker).

At best this is annoying - at worst it renders the message
uncomprehesible. I got the microfilter from Zen when I bought an ADSL
modem from them (no problems with the modem, very happy).

Will buying a microfilter probably fix this? From the info you gave I'm
guessing "yes", but no harm checking before I fork out. (I'm from
Yorkshire :).

Ben

--
Registered Linux user number 339435