[Gllug] Two Questions

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Feb 9 11:48:40 UTC 2005

Peter Childs writes:

>2. Which is better 15" TFT Flat Screen or a 17" CRT Moniter, In terms of
>energy usage, heat production, desk usage and cost, and anything else
>people can come up with....

The TFT is physically smaller, uses less pwoer, emits less heat, and
costs more. A CRT will give you higher (and variable) resolutions,
better refresh rate, better gamut, and will be cheaper.

Anything more than those basic facts is purely subjective. I wouldn't
dream of using the TFT for any serious use. The picture quality won't
be as good, and they give me headaches after prolonged use. I can
find you many people who will agree, and equally many who will give
you exactly the opposite point of view. Like I said, it's completely
subjective. Go with whichever you personally prefer.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk