[Gllug] help! :) ibm lappy install problem

James j at angelcarpentry.com
Wed Feb 9 11:46:24 UTC 2005

Hi all , just found your fantastic community here at gllug !

I have an old ibm 240 thinkpad which i'm trying to get linux on.
I have mannaged to get debian base on it  by using floppys as i dont have a usb or other cdr.
The problem is i cant get my pcmcia slot working, i have  wifi card and a network t10/100 but the linux install cant find it , proberbly cannot find the pcmcia to start with.
I have tryed to use the pcmcia and network floppys from slackware and also the newish 9.0 debian ones but they dont seem to want to find it either. There is a site out there which was dedicated to the ibm 240 but the links are all broken as its 5 years old.
If anyone could help i would be iternaly greatful!
The pcmcia worked fine under dows.
Regards

James Phipps