[Gllug] apache logging woes

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 01:43:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:02:45AM +0000, will wrote:
> will wrote:
> >I have googled, but I just can't see why my apache piped logs don't
> >work, anyone have any ideas?
>
> <sigh>buffered output.  I thought it might be this but obviously didn't
> reload the page enough.  After a lot of page reloads a whold bunch of
> rows got inserted into the DB.  Bah :)

Apache can also log to databases via perl's DBI using the dbi-logger,
although I can sympathise with you using Python :)

I was generating half a gig of apache logs a month from my home web
server at one point and it was great fun being able to do SQL queries
on web server logs - really easy to get stats out of them :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk