[Gllug] Gigabyte + AMD AMIBIOS upgrade

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 20:43:25 UTC 2005

Chris asked about AMIBIOS upgrade......

Chris
I had a quick decko at the Gigabyte website and it would seem that the exe file
you have downloaded is a 'self-extractor'

You could try making a simple Windows boot floppy and placing the file on
that.  Then boot from the floppy and run the exe file.   Gigabyte have a rather
long-winded pdf help file which explains fully how to go about it all.

I have run the exe file on my XP machine and it indeed contains a 256K file
together with a flash program file and an MS-DOS batch file.

Phone me (01708 446352) if you would like the 256K file only emailed to you.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk