[Gllug] Kernel compile taking forever...!

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 15:10:16 UTC 2005

Talking about registers, does anyone out of curiosity, like me, remember the
TI-99(00) family which used in-memort 'registers' with a single workspace-
pointer in the CPU, which allowed for very fast context-switching (at the
expense of register access speed)?   I think the logic at the time was that
the memory which pretty much the same speed as the CPU registers.   They later
added a 'workspace cache' when cpus got noticeably faster than memory.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk