[Gllug] Installfest Facilities

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Sun Feb 20 21:19:34 UTC 2005

Something that never came up in my earlier thread about GLLUG attendance
was installfest facilities. This leads to a question for the newer
members of the list.

Would the lack of facilities to install / get help installing a machine
stop you from attending a GLLUG meet?

My view is that installfests are not as important as they once were, the
distros are a lot easier to install, the docs (and available books) are
better and with lists like this one you can solicit help pretty easily.
I'm not exactly the audience installfests are aimed at though so I'm
open to other viewpoints.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk