[Gllug] Anybody with experience of Bacula

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jan 25 07:49:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Mike Brodbelt said:
[snip]
> and XFS tools mean that I haven't felt the need for LVM yet. I do think
> it's pretty shortsighted to develop those technologies exclusively on
> ext2/3 though - there are many reasons to prefer XFS or JFS for servers.

They're in separate layers, so it *shouldn't* matter.

(i.e., LVM, d-m, and RAID both turn block devices into other block
devices.)

Of course, sometimes it does, but this stuff *is* free software: RH
certainly isn't guaranteeing to find all bugs (ridiculous idea! :) )

--
`Blish is clearly in love with language. Unfortunately,
 language dislikes him intensely.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk