[Gllug] Linux for re-imaging Windows disks

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Sun Jan 30 16:44:04 UTC 2005

I've hit a problem where a Linux box seems to be the right solution, but
the company has never used and doesn't trust Linux.

We need a low-cost way of re-imaging Windows XP disks as a triage step
in tech support. There is no user data on the disks, re-imaging is safe.
I think that a Linux box holding disk images should be able to do the
job.

First, can it be done? Second, are there any well-known companies that
use this approach?

--
Bernard Peek
London, UK. DBA, Manager, Trainer & Author.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk