[Gllug] usb printing nightmare

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 08:15:40 UTC 2005

On Thu 21 Jul, Gary Pownall wrote:

> I gave you all of the information that i had at the time.  i don't know
> anything about configuring cups or what spoolers are, or what they do, I was

   Sorry, but I am unable to help with your specific problem. I do not use
Ubuntu, but think that it may use cups (common unix printing system) as
default. I found Debian Sarge information in /usr/share/doc/cupsys (look for
/usr/share/doc/cup*) plus more in The Linux Documentation Project
(Printing-HOWTO and Printing-Usage-HOWTO, with lots more in the various
"Guides"). I am still using a Laser Direct system with a direct drive from
my Acorn, using the Acorn as the laser engine. It just works.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk