[Gllug] Re: ADSL upload speeds

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Jun 27 20:13:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Craig Millar wrote:

> > UKFSN can offer a 2Mb line for £19.99 / month which includes 30GB of
> > daytime (8am - 10pm) bandwidth and 300GB of evening and weekend bandwidth
> > and a single static IP address.
>
> I find this a very attractive offer, but am not sure if I exceed the
> bandwidth monthly. Anyone have any recommendations for measuring these
> things, both in and out, and preferably with the ability to graph the data so
> that I can work out how much I use during daytime and other times?

Does your existing router or modem provide a bandwidth counter?

> > Options for more bandwidth are available - obviously that costs more.
>
> How much more? If one exceeds the cap, do you pull the plug, or just raise
> additional charges for any usage over? Apologies if this information is
> available on your website - I couldn't locate it.

If you go over the allowance you are charged the appropriate higher level
plus a one off £5.00 charge.

As all of the MAX Allowance products include at least 300GB of bandwidth
allowance during the night and weekend you can schedule large downloads to
suit without worrying that you will be charged any extra.

I'll update the website to include this information.

Jason
http://www.ukfsn.org/	 2Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk