[Gllug] ADSL upload speeds

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 14:38:47 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 13:35 +0100, Joel Bernstein wrote:

> Incidentally, suggestions of anybody else who can provide preferably LLU
> DSL in London NW6 accepted gratefully. If nobody else can do it I guess
> I'll have to go back to a BT ipstream service - anybody recommend a
> reasonably clueful ISP who don't take the piss and can do a 2MB+ circuit
> for Bulldog money?

I've used Easynet for LLU service in the past. They're good, have
(relatively) clueful support people, and will offer up to 4Mb SDSL with
SLA on their unbundled lines, but the prices are exorbitant these days.
The rest of the DSL market has lowered prices over the past years, and
Easynet haven't bothered. When I last moaned at them they were willing
to offer 2Mb with SLA for the price of the 1Mb circuit we were paying
for, but not to lower the prices. As such, I'm migrating back to a BT
ipstream line using Demon as the ISP. For a business, I'd happily
recommend Easynet, for personal use, the prices are unjustified.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk