[Gllug] spamassassin v bogofilter

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Thu Jun 2 13:24:48 UTC 2005

"Martin A. Brooks" <martin at hinterlands.org> writes:

> Rich Walker wrote:
>
>>cheers, Rich [who had high hopes for greylisting once...]
>>

> I greylist. I get effectively  _zero_ spam[0] and the very very few viruses/worms and spams that get
> past that get zapped by clamav and spamassassin.

Yes; our spam level dropped measurably close to zero when we tried
it. Unfortunately, the collateral damage (delayed urgent mail from
people we have not had mail from before, lost mail from people on s*t
ISP's, and so on) was actually greater than the damage from spam.

Strange but true.

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml