[Gllug] ADSL upload speeds

Mark Hill lists at mark.ukfsn.org
Sat Jun 25 16:18:55 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 04:34:43PM +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:

> I eventually got so pissed off I moved to Zen.  So far (about
> 4 months) I've been impressed - no technical problems and no
> administrative problems.  I had a local line failure at the BT
> exchange, and the Zen techies were very clueful and supportive in
> diagnosing the fault.  On that basis I would recommened Zen over
> Demon.

I've been with Zen for a couple of years now, and haven't had any major
service problems. (HA postcode.) There has been the odd weekend when
there was some DNS server problems, but they've never lasted very long
for me (half hour or so).

The last time I looked, (about a year ago), their nntp server wasn't
very good (dropping posts), but I've never found any ISP to have a good
usenet service. It may have improved since then.

Having said that, I'm looking around at other providers for a 2Mb
service, as I think Zen's pricing is a bit high. (I'm currently on
512Kb.) I'm a bit concerned however, that I'll end up with an ISP that's
not as half as a reliable as Zen.

--
Mark Hill
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk