[Gllug] ADSL upload speeds

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 21:25:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 11:06 +0100, Matthew Thompson wrote:

> Nildram managed to totally f*ck up my service a while back - we were
> operating with a routed netblock as we needed some distinct IP
> addresses for VPN requirements. They managed to remove the routing
> completely when we asked for a totally unrelated change as it appears
> that they had two account open for us and closed one without telling
> us. Unfortunately it was the one that was setup correctly. It took a
> week to get it back to normal and they offered no compensation.

We use Nildram and only have problems when they have to talk to BT. For
example, when we inquired if increasing the upload speed was possible it
somehow got morphed into a 'please ask BT to upgrade our line'. Since
the line can't be upgraded anyway, all that happened was that we lost
our connection for a few days. They didn't offer compensation, but we
damn well got it :)

Tom

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk