[Gllug] Anyone having broadband (probably PlusNet) problems today?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 00:04:00 UTC 2005

On Wed 23 Mar, Russell Howe wrote:

> Doubt it'll work. I need to use PPPoA, but haven't yet got a workable
> solution that allows me to terminate the PPP link on my firewall.

   Not sure what you are trying to do, but I thought it was possible to
allocate a non-routeable IP address to the ADSL modem, which is just used to
convert PPPoA to ethernet, and allocate the official IP address to the
firewall. Another way would be to use a PCI modem in the firewall box. (I
have not tried either, my ADSL modem does NAT but only connects to my
firewall box, and everything seems to work so far).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk