[Gllug] Gigabyte + AMD AMIBIOS upgrade

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 19:04:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 04:26:24PM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
>    The only Linux box I tried it on so far is still running Debian Woody, so
> I will try again with Sarge.

Ah yes, with a highly developmental project like wine there isn't
really such a thing as a stable version and it's pretty impractical to
backport all bug fixes.

Debian stable's release model isn't really suited to projects still in
development, unless all you want is a taster, or the maintainer has the
time and the willpower to push bugfixes through the Debian release
managers. Even then I can't really see them including an updated wine in
every stable point release...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk