[GLLUG] Slightly OT - Netiquette at work

Jack Bertram jack at jbertram.net
Fri Mar 18 16:32:00 UTC 2005

* David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> [050318 16:22]:
> On Friday, 18 Mar 2005, Steve Nelson wrote:
>
> >"Everyone else" top-posts, why should I be different?  Please follow
> >'the standard'.
>
> The answer as to why you should be different is that it is very
> difficult for a top-quoter to respond to an email that makes several
> separate substantive points.

It's not really:

"You make three points.

*Time taken for download*.  You're wrong here because...

*Point 2*.  Answer follows...

*Summary of third*.  Blah blah blah"

The bottom line is that (a) most corporate email clients aren't good at
quoting properly and (b) it takes more time to quote properly so (c)
you'll never win the argument.

My advice is to give in