[Gllug] Web hosting

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sat May 28 11:49:44 UTC 2005

On 5/27/05, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann <trmsw at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> This is a very FAQ but I can't help asking...
>
> Can anyone recommend a web hosting company? It's for a very simple site
> (php + mysql), with ssh access. If the support replies within 24 hours
> and isn't moronic that would be a big plus.

You would need to provide some kind of budget and a hint as to how
busy it will be.

Shared hosting like 1&1 (who support the FFII) is the cheapest but
least powerful/flexible and a couple of quid a month, virtual servers
like bytemark (who support debian and free software authors and are
nice helpful chaps) start about 15 quid a month and give you a full
virtual server, which can be nice if a little sluggish sometimes.

Cheers,

A.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk