[Gllug] Strange download effect

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri May 20 08:32:14 UTC 2005

Hello,
   I am trying to download CD images using Jigdo. My local mirrors provide
many of the files, any remainder are collected using an alternate address
provided by the downloaded template and jigdo files. The fallback, from
(195.224.53.39) us.cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot/Debian/ repeatedly
starts fairly fast, rapidly slows to a crawl, then timeouts. Has anyone else
seen this? I am not seeing this effect on non-Debian sites. Even the floppy
images on the first CD give up part way through, with an indicated 10
minutes to go. The same effect has been seen at all times of the day since I
started on Wednesday. Access is via Demon ADSL and my IPCop firewall running
Snort with the latest downloaded ruleset.
   Thanks.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk