[Gllug] Email servers.

Ian Lewis ian.lewis at dlf.org.uk
Thu May 12 09:52:47 UTC 2005

Fetchmail should be fine for the time being, it will feed postfix.

> Secondly, I could use my hosting company's server for
> outbound email but I would sooner use my own server. I would
> prefer to use a direct method from my server but am happy to
> use my server as a relay to my hosting company.

Postfix will relay mail by SMTP if you tell it where to send it.

> Finally, I am thinking of changing my ISP and getting a fixed
> IP address, this would allow me to remove the need for POP3
> and I could take SMTP inbound. Which software would be best for this ?

Which software? You already have postfix.
You might want to look into using Spamassassin and ClamAV if you haven't
already.

> Thanks
>
> Simon

> ================
> This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient.
> If you received this message in error please delete it and
> notify us. If this message was misdirected, CSFB does not
> waive any confidentiality or privilege. CSFB retains and
> monitors electronic communications sent through its network.
> Instructions transmitted over this system are not binding on
> CSFB until they are confirmed by us. Message transmission is
> not guaranteed to be secure.

Disabled Living Foundation - Solutions for Independent Living
http://www.dlf.org.uk
This email has been scanned for viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk