[Gllug] ADSL Routers

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Mon May 23 15:23:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 03:10:19PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 02:38:48PM +0100, Peter Childs wrote:
> >    Can anyone give me a quick recomndation on a ADSL router that works
> > at 2Mbs as our Router (a Netgear DM602) has just decided to lose packets
> > if its run at 2Mbs it was fine at 0.5Mbs.
> >     Or can they tell me why the firmware will not download to a
> > Speedtouch 330.
> >    It just loses about 5% of packets.
>
> I use a d-link DSL-604+, connection seems to go occasionally but restarts
> automatically. I used to use a speedtouch usb modem but it had the irrirating
> habit of locking up & needing a power cycle (of the modem, not linux computer)
> but generally when I was several hundred miles away for a few days :-(

I have myself a connexant accessrunner pci card, it works pretty well. The
driver is non-free but it is reliable, I think it can do a max of 1mb up and
4mb down (obviously I only have 1mb down and 256k up)

I was thinking, are there any providers that are willing to allow more than
0.5mbit upload? Is this somthing that the ISP gets much control over? (mine are
pretty friendly and human, I might ask them)

--
Ian Norton-Badrul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk