[Gllug] Re: Burning DVD?

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 16:25:47 UTC 2005

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> No, I have an MPEG2 file.  It appears I might need to demux and remux it
> into a specific format, or something.  All seems a bit complicated, and
> rather undocumented it seems...  Ack!

demux I can't remember of the top of my head but I tend to use ProjectX
which i a java based program that allows you to cut out sections and
stich sections together before demultiplexing.  There is also avidemux2
and mpeg2desc that I know of but again, i forget the options.

remux is easy:

mplex -f 8 -V -o output.mpeg video_in audio_in

then write a dvd with:

dvdauthor -o dvd_dir -f output.mpeg
dvdauthor -o dvd_dir -T
growisofs -dvd-video -Z /dev/dvd dvd_dir
rm -r dvd_dir

HTH,

JD
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk