[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sun Nov 6 17:06:01 UTC 2005

Tethys wrote:
> Although even then, getting CPAN to throw away its assumptions that it's on
> an Internet facing machine is problematic for actually deploying it onto
> a production machine (to be fair, it's been a few years since I've done so,
> so maybe it's improved).

Not noticeably.

Luckily if you're running something sensible then the module is, almost
always, just a simple package install away.

Using CPAN when with Debian is interesting as the packaged Perl uses
different install/search paths to those assumed by CPAN.  Luckily
there's a few hundred CPAN modules already packaged up nicely, and
there's a packaging tool you can use to sort out those that aren't
available directly.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk