[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sun Nov 6 17:11:59 UTC 2005

Tethys wrote:
> [1] Mostly. Where I have to work with someone else's perl, rather than
>     my own, *then* I'd rather pull out my fingernails :-) To quote Chris
>     Wareham: I have scratched Perl from my CV because there is fuck all
>     job satisfaction in fixing endless streams of Perl gibberish produced
>     by talentless muppets.

The muppets are the project managers or other responsible persons who
allow poorly written code to be committed.

On one occasion I revoked a developers commit access to the source repo
because he persistently committed poorly formatted or badly commented
code which I then had to try to sort out when packaging the stuff up for
release.

There's also a lovely little thing you can do with Subversion hooks when
you're dealing with Perl code:  test the stuff at commit time.  If the
submitted code produces errors when run against "perl -cw" or similar,
then the commit is rejected. Muahahaha. :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk